Saturday, May 4, 2019

Courtney Day

Today I took a mom day. And by mom day I mean a Courtney day because for the majority of the day I wasn't mom at all!

The antique festival was today and since Eric was working as one of the bike medics Stacey and I decided to go and hang out for a while. We had a good time, and got to eat my favorite Thai food! Stacey found some cute jewelry and I got to hang out with my guy. After a while I started to get very hot and had to sit and put my feet up. Thankfully we were totally prepared and had brought Gatorade, Propel and cooling towels.



We got these last  year during hurricane season because we were pretty sure we were going to be without power at least for a little while and Ali is VERY heat intolerant. We ended up not needing them and they got tossed under the bathroom sink, but I remembered them for today and they were perfect! They stayed cool and damp literally all day. I wet mine at 1:30 and at 7 it was still wet and cold. I will definitely be keeping them handy this summer. We got them for like 5 bucks in the camping section at Walmart.  10/10 totally recommend! (however, they def have to be washed before used the first time because the dye runs out when it first gets wet.)

After the festival we came home and set up our hammocks and I napped while Stacey read. It was so great. I needed the day of relaxing and not being in charge of the world, honestly. It doesn't happen  frequently enough, tbh.

 Eventually a storm blew in and it was back to reality. I had to enforce school time and share a little TLC with a not-feeling-so-great teenager. But that's life. Now it's late and we're eating popsicles and cuddling with dogs and relaxing. I think tomorrow I'll spend some more time in my hammock. And the day after that :)  It's the best place!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Courtney Day

Today I took a mom day. And by mom day I mean a Courtney day because for the majority of the day I wasn't mom at all! The antique fest...