Thursday, April 18, 2019

Celebrations


I cannot tell you what this picture means to me. It honestly brings tears to my eyes. To most people this is just a picture of some teenagers playing mini golf but to me it's so much more. This picture is determination. It's fierceness. It's courage. It's love and loyalty. It's joy.

This picture is life.

A week ago Dylan collapsed in the hospital and Ali went to the ER with an uncontrollable migraine. 2 days ago Dylan couldn't walk on his own and yesterday Ali was hooked up to an IV.

But today? Today we partied!

Today we played 10 holes of mini golf! We spent WAY too much money on arcade games and candy and then Stacey and I kicked their butts at laser tag. We had an absolute blast.


We had dinner at the mall because they have Ali's absolute favorite pizza and then Stacey Dylan and trinity and I stayed to shop a bit while Eric took Ali home to rest. It was a great day and while tomorrow they will be wiped out and have to rest a few days to make up for it, I am so thankful that they had today to be kids.
 
Today I am just thankful for that. Thankful that even if just for today, they got to be kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Courtney Day

Today I took a mom day. And by mom day I mean a Courtney day because for the majority of the day I wasn't mom at all! The antique fest...