Thursday, April 19, 2018

Pizza Makes Everything Better!

Sometimes life over here is hard. The last several days have been like that for me. I've been stuck in my chair with a heating pad on each hip, only getting up to use the restroom. Every step I took was torture, even adjusting in the chair was awful. To make matters worse, today was Ali's infusion day so chores had to be done before the nurse came. Now, there are plenty of people here to get things done when I can't, but as a mom it's hard to sit and watch everyone else working. I may also be a bit of a control freak, and therefore I want things done the "right" way. I'm working on that lol. Either way I didn't have a choice yesterday, and thankfully everyone else in the house picked up my slack and things got done.

This morning I woke feeling a little better. The pain seems to be slowly subsiding, and I'm walking a little better. I was able to drive to go pick Dylan up from school, and even ran to the store to pick up some ingredients we needed for dinner. It was nice to get out of the house and into the sunshine! And I'm glad that I went because tonight's dinner has just made me feel so good <3.

Eric decide this morning to make a homemade deep dish pizza, but since Stacey and I are eating keto, we can't have that, so we decided to make our own keto friendly pizza. I was slghtly skeptical, but y'all... Not anymore. It was so good and it filled me! I thought I would share it here with you guys in case anyone is interested. It was SO GOOD.

The dough is called fathead dough. It's used in keto recipes that call for bread and it's so good. It literally smells like cheddar biscuits. Stacey found the recipe here, so you can go check that out if you want to try it! We also added Herbs de Provence, Nutmeg, and a tiny bit of onion powder in ours.

After the dough was cooked we drizzled olive oil on it and sprinkled on some Parmesan cheese. For sauce we just used Great Value pizza sauce from Walmart, and then added some Gouda cheese. Then we added toppings! We had pepperoni, fresh mushrooms and real bacon pieces. 

We cooked it another 5 minutes and then drizzled on a tiny bit more olive oil and added more herbs and that's that. Here's the finished product and let me tell you, it was AMAZING.

Now I have a happy belly, because pizza fixes everything. I had planned on getting some more yard work done today (well, I had planned on making the kids get some yard work done), but that didn't happen. Hopefully tomorrow because Saturday Ali turns 14! I cannot believe it! Not even sure how. We are going to celebrate all weekend though and I'm so excited.

Now I'm off to make some zucchini chips in the oven because if there is anything I miss on this diet is definitely crispy things like chips! I'm also going to make some pepperoni chips because the best way to eat pepperoni is almost burnt lol. 

I hope you guys have a great night! And if you have any amazing keto/low card recipes I should try, drop them in the comments!

Court


Update: The zucchini chips are slightly work intensive, and they take about an hour and a half to cook, but man do they scratch that "I need something crunchy" itch. Next time I'll cook them at a lower temp (this time we did 325 and about half of them came out a little too cooked), but otherwise, definitely something we'll do again. We're dipping them in ranch made with plain Greek yogurt. So yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Courtney Day

Today I took a mom day. And by mom day I mean a Courtney day because for the majority of the day I wasn't mom at all! The antique fest...