Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Spring Days

Do you ever feel like the weather is against you? Because I seriously feel like the weather in North Carolina is out to kill me. Not only can it not decide if it should be warm or cold, but the spring storms have arrived. Now I LOVE a good storm, but my dysautonomia DOES NOT! Sunday I felt horrible all day. I couldn't get out of bed without being dizzy, and I kept falling back asleep. I couldn't figure it out until the rain started. Then I looked at the radar...

The dropping barometric pressure from that monster had my blood pressure dropping and I couldn't get it up no matter how much fluid and salt I had. So I ended up with an IV and a liter of fluids. It helped some, thankfully! I really do love storms, but I'll be really thankful when the warm comes and stays. My joints will be extra thankful.

Yesterday I FINALLY got to take my Humira shot. I have been so sick this year that I've probably only had it four times since January, even though I'm supposed to have it twice a month. Since it suppresses my immune system I can't take it when I'm sick, and I've been his with everything from the flu to super sinus infections this winter. I'm hoping that I can get back on a regular schedule and get some of this joint pain in my hands under control.

Last night we had to pick Eric's car up from the shop so since we were in town we decided to grab Sweet Frog. Stacey was at class, but the rest of us went and it was nice to just be out together. Stacey and I are doing Keto right now, but sometimes you just have to say "everything in moderation" and enjoy the frozen yogurt with your family! And it was so good.


Today the weather is beautiful. It's windy, but it has warmed up some. Dylan only went to a half day of school because on the way to the car this morning he partially dislocated his shoulder carrying his binder with the strap on his shoulder. By the time we got to the school he was in tears so we came home and got it back in the right spot and he took some medicine for the pain and then went after lunch. His right shoulder is super loose so he just has to be careful with it. But since it's a beautiful day he decided to do his homework outside and now we're just relaxing before dinner. We're having taco soup. Yum.


What have you all been up to? Anything fun? I hope you're having a fantastic day <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Courtney Day

Today I took a mom day. And by mom day I mean a Courtney day because for the majority of the day I wasn't mom at all! The antique fest...