Saturday, April 14, 2018

Isabel and Athena: Mole Hunters Extraordinaire

So Stacey asked me if the dogs were going to get their own post and I laughed and said maybe... and then yesterday happened. So here they are now, Isabel and Athena: Mole Hunters Extraordinaire.

Aren't they just so cute? Well, it turns out, they're also ferocious. They like to hunt. They have specialties. Bugs and moles. And guess what we have plenty of? Moles. UGH! They've turned our decently nice backyard into a death trap. One wrong move and you've lost an ankle, buddy. They've also, as you can see, destroyed the grass in over half the yard. I guess that's the price you pay for healthy free-ish range dogs. Sigh

Well we decided it was time to take back the back yard, so a few weeks ago Eric ordered a couple of tons of dirt and we've slowly been filling in holes. It's a hot mess y'all.  Look at this!

Do you see that picture on the left? They dug up the entire mole tunnel! The whole tunnel! They got him, though. There are holes like that riddled all throughout the yard. Dylan has kind of made it his pet project to fill in the holes, but it's slow going lol.


I guess I'll be super thankful for it, though, because this is how he was when I picked him up from school. He went home an had a super salty omelette and some Powerade and recovered pretty quickly!

Eric spent the afternoon cutting down some limbs from a tree that were getting in his way, and I had hoped to get some old lumber cut up, but it looks like it'll be Monday before we get there. We also did some trash clean up and even a little catch with the super killers up there. 

We didn't get to have a fire because of the wind, but we did grill!
We had chicken quarters with Lowry's and garlic and onion powder, plus bbq sauce for those that wanted it. It was so good, and a great way to end the day. 

Today Dylan went bowling with his best friend Caleb, and Stacey and I went grocery shopping, my literal least favorite thing to do! Stacey and I have been eating keto, and we've discovered that Aldi has some really great deals and their produce is amazing!
We got all of that for less than $70. More than half of my grocery list. Super excited about that.  Then we had to go to walmart for the rest. We still came out pretty good in the end. I think we're going to grill again tonight since the weather is just so nice, and I am going to rest because I walked the entire day and I. am. done.

I hope you guys have had a great Saturday! Go out and enjoy the evening <3
Court

No comments:

Post a Comment

Courtney Day

Today I took a mom day. And by mom day I mean a Courtney day because for the majority of the day I wasn't mom at all! The antique fest...